Thursday, June 28, 2012

Kindles?

I've had a few people ask me why my books aren't ebooks yet. That is a good question. And I have a good answer.

I'm too embarrassed to put them out there.

I am not an editor, and these books were published in pretty much their rough-draft stages. There are spelling and grammar errors galore! Not to mention plot holes. I am currently working on getting them edited by a dear friend. (Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I love editors.)

A second reason is that I have not put them out there is that they were originally written with the audience being exclusively made up of my family. So I've got stories with a bazilion characters who are never introduced – because we know who they are – and they are placed in settings that are not fully described. The Red Sled Rescue and The Fairytale Fracas are the first two books I wrote with the consideration that non-family members might read them.

So once I've gotten them edited and fortified a bit with more info, I'm planning on re-releasing them. The first three were never put up for public sale, so those need to also be added. I am quickly running out of copies, so I guess I will need to get this resolved soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment